The Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is one of the least expensive models of the Dyson cordless vacuum series. However, you will lack nothing of Dyson services from Dyson V7 Motorhead for being a lower price. The coolest feature of this vacuum is you can opt for motorized and non-motorized tools for Max and Regular suction mode, respectively. The direct-drive cleaner heads are effective for carpet and hard floor. In addition, the combination brush will serve you both as a brush and general nozzle.
The Dyson V7 Motorhead will give you about 30 minutes of fed-free suction. The easy dust ejection system gives you a hygienic vacuum experience. The crevice tool and extension wand will ensure the total cleaning of your flat. You also will get a handy wall-hanging station on which you can preserve the extra tools while not in use. We are going to present the Dyson v7 motorhead review to you in considerable detail. Please check through the following information.
If you are very busy, please click on the 9 best cordless vacuum cleaners for a short review of this item.
Features and Functions of the Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum!
The Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum offers 75 percent more brush bar than its’ earlier model Dyson V6 cordless vacuum cleaner. The cleaning performance and ease of handling gain a high customer rating.
The vacuum is powered by a Dyson Digital Motor V7 which is powerful enough to root out the dirt from the deep of your rugs and pick up the fine dust from the hard floors.
Dual Operation Modes
The Dyson V7 runs on two modes; Powerful Suction Mode and MAX Mode. The battery run time depends on the mode of machine operation and the tool is attached as a cleaner head. In Powerful Suction Mode, the device runs for about 30 and 20 minutes with the non-motorized and motorized tools, respectively. The MAX Mode can perform more difficult tasks with superpower suction for up to 6 minutes. Suction power is up to 100AW.
Comfortable & Versatile Use
The high swivel ability of the cleaner head enables you to clean around with less effort. The V7 Cordless Vacuum quickly transforms into a handheld form just by one click, thus, clean every spot of your home and car by swapping into the suitable forms. The Combination Tool functions as a two-in-one, simply you can switch from dust brush to hard nozzle. The Crevice Tool is designed for precise cleaning of corners and narrow gaps.
2 Tier Radial Cyclones
The 15 cyclones arranged in 2-tiers work parallel, which increases airflow to trap the finest dust.
No-touch dirt emptying
The hygienic design for emptying the bin enables you to clean the bin without touching the dirt.
The Dyson V7 cord-free vacuum comes with a convenient docking station for easy storage and charging.
Operation and Maintenance
Appropriate guidelines for operating any electric device would increase the working efficiency and longevity as well as save your device from any unwanted or accidental damage. Similarly, you can get a long time smooth service from your vacuum if properly operated. So, please check through the following points before or during using your Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum Cleaner.
Operation Guidelines for the Dyson V7 Cord-free Vacuum
- An able-bodied adult person should run this vacuum cleaner. Do not leave this machine to a child or a person of reduced physical ability. The person who is going to run this motorized vacuum must have knowledge and experience with a cordless vacuum machine. You can take help from the salesman or read carefully the user manual enclosed with this machine.
- Use your vacuum cleaner on dry surfaces. Do not use it on the earthen yard or wet surfaces or to pick up water. You are not allowed even to handle the plug, parts or the vacuum machine with wet hands.
- Use your motorhead Dyson anywhere and everywhere but do not use to vacuum flammable or combustible liquids, such as gasoline and other petroleum.
- Strictly follows the Dyson operating manual for this machine. For any operation problem, look for the solution in the manual first or follow the advice by the Dyson helpline.
- Remain alert about anything such as clog of hair and loose clothing that can block the floor head opening and reduce the airflow rate.
- In the case of replacement of any part, use only the Dyson recommended parts. Do not use other brands’ accessories such as a charger or battery in this machine, which can result in the bursting of the vacuum.
- Keep the vacuum cleaner upright during running or storage. The upside-down position may result in the release of dirt and mess your job.
- The carbon fiber brush attached to this vacuum may irritate while comes in contact with the skin. Therefore, wash your hands properly after handling this brush.
- Keep the bin and filter clean to get higher efficiency of the vacuum.
Fixing Docking Station
Fix your wall type docking station securely on the wall. The loose installation may cause dropping the station and damage your lovely vacuum cleaner. Check carefully that no pipe such as gas and water pipe and the electric line has passed underneath the point you are going to install the docking station.
Charging and storage of the Dyson motorhead v7
- Keep the battery at rest before recharging upon a full discharge by vacuuming. Allowing a few minutes to cool the vacuum will increase your battery life.
- Your Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner will automatically be switched off if the surrounding temperature goes below 37.4oF (3oC). This is designed as such to protect the vacuum motor and battery.
Emptying the bin
- Do not overfill the bin. Ensure to empty the bin before crossing the MAX mark.
- Do not empty the bin keeping the vacuum charger ON condition.
- It is advised to detach the vacuum head and wand before ejecting the bin.
- Follow the instruction for the complete release of dirt. Continue to pull the red lever towards you and lift it upwards until the bin base opens automatically.
- Push the red button and pull the cyclone out of the machine.
- After cleaning the dirt push the cyclone downwards and manually close the base. A click sound will indicate that your vacuum bin is perfectly placed for working.
Cleaning the clear bin
- To pull out the clear bin first you need to remove the wand, floor head, and cyclone.
- Follow the instructions mentioned in the above section to remove the cyclone and pull out the clear bin.
- Use a moist cloth to clean the clear bin. Do not use detergents or other chemicals to shine your bin. Dry the bin properly before placing it again.
- It is recommended to wash the clear bin manually. Do not clean in a dishwasher.
- Ensure that the clear bin is perfectly fixed in the grooves while replacing it. You will hear a catch click sound if it is set in place.
- Then replace the cyclone, wand and vacuum tool in the reverse sequence of they were removed.
Washing the vacuum filter
The Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner has a washable filter. The efficiency of the vacuum greatly depends on the regular maintenance and washing of the filter. The frequency of the washing filter depends on the dirt types and operation modes of the vacuum. More frequent washing requires if the vacuum is used to pick up dust and operated in POWER SUCTION mode. Follow the following simple steps to wash your filter.
- Disconnect the charging cord and switch off the machine.
- Remove the filter by lifting it out through the top of the vacuum.
- Use cold water to wash the filter.
- Run the clean tap water in speed over the filter and continue until you get the clean washed water.
- Leave the filter standing on its’ side for about 24 hours and ensure complete drying of the filter for next use.
- Avoid using mechanical aids such as dishwasher, washing machine and oven dryer to wash or dry the filter.
- For next use, place the clean and dry filter back on the top of the machine. Recheck the filter is seated on the place correctly.
This vacuum cleaner is designed as such that the motor will pulse several times for any blockage and if the blockage persists, this will result in automatic cut-out or shut down of the motor. In this condition follow the following instructions to remove the blockage:
- Switch off the machine and disconnect the charging cord.
- Leave the vacuum for a while to cool down the machine to room temperature.
- Remove the cyclone and clear the bin to check any blockage in the machine.
- Take care of you from any sharp object that may present in the bin.
- Remove the blockages you find in the machine. If you do not find any blockage there, remove the brush bar and check for the blockage.
- Reequip the parts tightly before reusing your vacuum cleaner.
Safety issues for the Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- Do not leave the machine to the children unattended at its’ battery-on condition.
- Do not use any faulty or damaged cord or electric plug to charge the battery. If your charging system is damaged, replace it with the appropriate one to avoid unnecessary hazards.
- Do not disassemble or reassemble the vacuum machine yourself unless you are an expert to do this. The faulty assembling will result in damage to the machine. Take help from the Dyson helpline.
- Do not pull the cord while unplugging the cord, rather hold the plug firmly and pull it out.
- Do not keep the charging cord plugged-in for an unusually extended period. Unplug the cord when the vacuum is planned for a long interruption for maintenance or servicing purposes.
- Do not vacuum the burning or smoking objects, such as cigarettes and matches, which can damage the vacuum filter.
- Avoid storing this vacuum cleaner on or near a hot surface. Do not try to dispose of the machine through incineration. The battery may cause an explosion even it is severely damaged.
- Avoid storing the vacuum at extremely low temperatures below 37.4oF (3oC). In such cases, ensure the vacuum cleaner has reached room temperature before using it.
- Do not change the vacuum heads at the switch-on condition of the vacuum. Keep the machine off for any kind of maintenance and cleaning of blockage.
- Do not use the Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum Cleaner cordless vacuum to clean the car while the car is in motion.
- Remain alert to avoid using your vacuum cleaner to pick up hard objects, pins, paper clips etc. This may damage your vacuum.
(Amazon Standard Identification Number)
|Vacuum Type||Stick vacuum|
|Product Size 8.2 x 9.8 x 49 inches||8.2 x 9.8 x 49 inches|
|Vacuum Width||9.8 inches|
|Initial Charging Time||3.5 hours|
|Maximum Worktime||30 minutes|
|Bin Capacity||0.14 Gallons|
|Suitable floors||Rugs, Carpets and Hard Floors|
|Additional attachments||Docking station, Combination tool, crevice tool|
|Color||2 (Fuschia and Pink)|
|Number of Speed Settings||2|
|Suction power||Up to 100AW|
|Batteries||1A lithium-ion batteries|
Be aware of the Warranty of the Dyson V7
2 years limited warranty
- The Dyson warranty is valid subject to the vacuum is used for normal domestic purposes in accordance with the Dyson Operating Manual.
- You must have to produce your proof of purchase. So, preserve your purchase document.
- In the case of your failure to present the purchase document, the warranty will start 90 days after the date of manufacture based on the Dyson official records.
- The warranty covers all labor and necessary parts for the smooth running of the vacuum cleaner.
- If any part is changed within the warranty period, the unused part will be returned to Dyson.