The Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide will help you to choose the appropriate product for your home. With the insertion of newer technologies, the vacuums have been upgraded to varieties of fancy designs and features. Every new addition promises your new benefit(s) from the vacuum cleaners. What you only have to do is to find the accurate one for your uses.
Are you thinking about it as a tough job? No, Totally Not. A complete Buying Guide able to show you every feature of a vacuum cleaner, feeling like you are in an on-spot vacuum cleaner shop. Please go through our Buying Guide. It will not take too much time but surely will help you to select the vacuum for you.
If you don’t have enough time to read the Buying Guide at this moment, you can choose one from our Best Selections.
Before Heading to Buy; General Understanding of a Cordless Vacuum
Why do you want to buy a cordless vacuum leaving the corded one?
Simply, the cordless vacuums provide you with easier maneuverability than the corded ones. It will offer a comfortable clean life both in your indoor and outdoor times without the hassle of carrying a long cord. Today’s cordless vacuums are lightweight, powerful, and handier to use. The range of extra features of a cordless vacuum has made your cleaning job more enjoyable than ever.
Due to having a larger bin capacity, you can run the corded vacuum for an unspecified time as long as the power cord is connected with the power source. The corded vacuum is able to give you high suction power to do the heavy-duty cleaning, but not convenient to move on stairs, corners, and other high-spots of the walls.
What type of cordless vacuum cleaner is appropriate for your home?
There are several types of cordless vacuum cleaners in the market based on the vacuum places and flooring types.
- Upright cordless vacuum cleaner: This is comparatively heavier, convenient for rugs, and carpet floor cleaning. The wide-body design of an upright vacuum enables you to cover more surfaces in less time. This vacuum also works well on the hard floors by changing powerheads.
- Stick vacuums: The lightweight design of a stick vacuum eases you to lift at high places. The embedded container at a suitable place along the stick gives this vac a slim and smart appearance. Stick vacuums are better suited for light-duty tasks, such as crumb and pet hair clean-up. This is well appreciated for the hard floor, however, the option for high power mode works on rugs also.
- Handheld cordless vacuum cleaner: The handheld type is convenient for the places you need extra care such as edges of the furniture, interior of your car, and the tight joints of the walls. In the modern stick vacuums, there is a dual function provision by which the stick vacuum turns to handheld mode through changing the attachments.
- Robot Vacuums: Robot vacuum will clean your house by itself. Just preset the program and go to your job, this vacuum will do the cleaning job as in order. The multi-featured option in the advanced robotic cordless vacuum cleaner lets the instrument clean both the carpet and hard floors.
Types of floors and uses
Before buying your cordless vacuum consider the essential segments of your home, for example, level of the home, size of your home, and type of floor. For a quick multistory-movement, you need a stick vacuum. On the other hand, for a large house, you should choose a powerful upright vacuum cleaner. Floor surface must be a matter, whether is it a hard surface or soft carpet? Do not avoid your pets; vacuums need to pick up pet hair and dirt. Let’s check through the following 3 suggestions:
1.If Allergy suffers you: High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) affirmed vacuum cleaner is the best recommendation for you. This specially designed filter traps more than 99.95% of the particles down to 0.3 micrometers. Do check the quality, warranty, and maintenance system of this filter while buying. You can use the HEPA filter for an extended period by proper maintenance.
2. If you are a pet lover: You love pets that do not mean you always let them walk in the park. When you are around either in the park or at home, they want your love and keep shedding hair. So, must check for the vacuum that will have:
- Full-size or mini-size powerful turbo head; will brush the rug or carpet and suck simultaneously. The combined action of brushing and sucking roots out the hair and dander from the deep of the carpet. The mini-size turbo is effective to clean the sofa and inside the car.
- HEPA filter; will prevent you from any allergy to animal hair, fleck, and dander.
3. Floor types and Vacuum heads: Depending on the floor there are several types of vacuum heads (also called floor tools) that have come with vacuum cleaners. You need to ensure that your required ones are attached to your vacuum cleaner. The most commonly used heads include;
- The Motorized vacuum head for carpet floor; the motorized turbo head, also called powerhead, is useful for the carpet floors and area rugs. This specially designed head combines brushing and vacuuming. The agitating brush loosens the pressed carpet so that the vacuuming becomes easier. The implanted stiff bristles in this rolling tool expose the tight debris before being flown into the suction channel.
- Hard floor vacuum head; this is designed to clean the hard floor such as the wooden floor, tile, plastic laminated etc. The hard floor tool contains fine bristles to pull out the dirt from crevices. Some tools contain soft foam so that the finished floors are not scratched from spiky bristles.
- Combination vacuum head; combination vacuum head passages 2-in-1 facilities. Suitable for both carpet and hard floor. You can change the vacuum mode from the hard floor to the carpet or vice versa just by pressing the switch located near the foot or top of the handle. It is easy.
Buying Guide of a Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
11 factors you should consider while purchasing a cordless vacuum cleaner!
1. Battery charging and run-time
- Battery life is one of the key determinants to buy a cordless vacuum cleaner. Before buying, you must check the charge time of the battery and the resultant run time of the vacuum cleaner. Less charge time and longer run time indicate more efficient cordless vacuum cleaner
- Normally, the batteries take 2 to 10 hours to recharge which can run the vacuum cleaner from 20 minutes to more than an hour. The run time also depends on the mode of suction; low, medium, and max mode. The max mode does your hard cleaning in fewer minutes.
- Usually, the cordless vacuums run with rechargeable lithium or lithium-ion batteries. The lithium-ion battery is more durable and quicker rechargeable than the lithium battery.
- A higher voltage battery means more suction power and deep cleaning by the vacuum machine.
2. Bin type & size
Usually, the cordless vacuum cleaners are made of built-in containers which you need emptying after vacuuming. Key things to consider:
- A larger container size enables you to vacuum a longer time. Generally, the bin size remains less than 1.0 lb. Most of the brands contain bin sizes within the range of 0.6–0.8 lbs.
- Must check the dirt ejection system; hygienic or messy. The hygienic system has provisions for the smart ejection of the bin without getting touch of your hand with dirt. There are a few models with inconvenient bin types that your hands cannot be escaped from getting dirty.
- Bag or bagless design; the cordless vacuum cleaners normally come in bagless design, although there are a few bag design also in the market. Even if, the bag design gives you a long time vacuum, frequent changes in the disposable bags will count your extra cost.
- For the case of dust and allergens, the bag design is recommended. The embedded automatic sealing provision in some modern bag design vacuum will escape you from dust and dirt. However, the modern cordless vacuums are using HEPA filters in the bagless design to get rid of the allergy problem.
- If you give priority to the convenience and want frequent cleaning, the bagless bin with hygienic ejection is recommended.
3. Lightweight gives you easy maneuverability
Weight is another worthwhile factor to buy an easy-to-use cordless vacuum cleaner.
- You should be rational to consider the weight of a cordless vacuum. The lightweight vacuum is indeed easier to upheld and portable, however, the effectiveness of a vacuum relates proportionally with the weight. For example, increased battery power gives you longer run time but increases the vacuum weight.
- 3 to 5 lbs is handy, upto 7 lbs is moderate and able to give you more job. More than this weight range is inconvenient.
- One thing to know; during running, the vacuum machine will not feel as heavy as its original weight. It becomes about 1/5th of the original.
4. Filter type
- The cordless vacuums may come with a washable filter or non-washable replaceable part. The washable filter will reduce your cleaning cost.
- The durability depends on the proper maintenance of the filters. You need to dry properly after washing the filters. Some of them may take excessive time to dry.
- Where allergy to dust and filth is a problem, High-Efficiency Particulate Air/Arrestance (HEPA) affirmed vacuum filter is a solution. For better performance, you need frequent changes of the filter, at least once in six months.
- Some models have come with a whole-machine filtration system that leaves fresh and healthy air during vacuuming.
5. Noise is a Problem
- For your office decency and soundless surrounding, you need to be aware of the perfect decibel for your noise tolerance.
- The noise level of 60-65 decibel (dB) will offer you a nice quiet environment, 65-70 dB will give a moderate sound and more than that may kill your well-being.
6. Vacuum head attachments
- You should choose the vacuum head with a longer hose pipe. This will enable you to vacuum the distant places.
- The flat vacuum head with a maximum degree of swivel ability will ease you to reach the hard places like under the furniture and beds.
- Adjustment Header Tools: Extra header tools will provide you with maximum benefits. This includes the edge tool for corners, brush tool for dust cleaning, hairbrush tool to pick up the pet hair.
7. Mode changing switches ease your life
- Powerhead control: Switched changes of the powerhead/power nozzle height will remove the hardness of your cleaning job. Some modern vacuum cleaners change the powerhead height automatically for carpet and hard floor types. However, manual control with a switch will give you better and safer control of the head.
- Power mode control: Using a power mode control switch you can change the suction mode instantly based on your requirement. As discussed in the battery time section (Section 4), you will need changing suction modes; low, med or max.
- Conversion from stick to handheld vacuum: Stick to the handheld conversion will serve you the maximum cleaning job with a single vacuum. It is easy to convert; can be done by changing the attachments.
8. Your BUDGET is a determinant factor
- The thumb rule is that the higher is the price, the better service you will get. However, well-thought engineering has made some low-cost vacuums effective and handy; check our Best List.
- The majority of the cordless vacuums range from $100 to $500. However, there are some items available in the market beyond this range.
- The price varies depending on many factors like extra attachments with the main vacuum, warranty period, and technological applications inserted in the vacuum.
- For example, the current price of the Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum is $700.00. Dyson Engineering has introduced a range of exclusive technologies in this vacuum to make it comfortable and more efficient. Even though the high price, the current social rating of this Dyson vacuum is 4.8 out of 5.
9. Long-lasting & warranty period
- A vacuum lifetime depends on how carefully you run the machine. If carefully handled, one vacuum will give you service for several years.
- However, there are some replaceable parts such as filter, battery, and extra attachments of which performances go down with time. Its’ replacement will not cost huge but give you services like a new vacuum cleaner.
- Usually, the manufacturers promise for 12 to 24 months limited warranty for labor and services. Some deals include guaranty for parts replacements also.
- So, DON’T forget to collect the warranty/guaranty document while buying the cordless vacuum cleaner.
10. Extra Features make your cleaning job enjoyable
- LED light: The vacuum head with LED light is useful for cleaning the dark spots.
- LCD of battery power: From the battery countdown display, attached to the stick or handle, you can see how much time you can run your cordless vacs. Such a display will escape you from unwanted stopping during cleaning.
- Vacuum stand: The self-support stand enables you trouble-free resting and storage at any suitable place.
- Removable battery: You can charge the removal battery anywhere and just install it before using it. You need to move the whole vacuum to charge in the case of a fixed-battery vacuum.
- Extra battery: Some models have come with an extra piece of battery. So, the vacuum will give you double time service. Besides, you can charge one battery while working with another.
11. Popular Brands
Numerous reputed brands are manufacturing cordless vacuum cleaner. A few of them are summarized below:
Dyson: Honestly, the Dyson brand cordless vacuum cleaners are now dominating the market. Their continuous research for the assertion of newer technologies has manufactured a series of models with assorted features and benefits. Dyson V6, V7, V8, V9, V10 are their popular models. Customer rating says Dyson V11 Torque Drive is currently the most efficient cordless vacuum cleaner in the market.
Bissell: Bissell has developed their models to suit a flexible budget. For example, BISSELL Featherweight Stick with basic cleaning functions costs you only about $30.00. On the other hand, BISSELL 2554A CrossWave Cordless Vacuum with classified functions currently costs you about $400.00. They have come with different catchy brand names such as BISSELL ICONpet Cordless with Tangle Free Brushroll, and BISSELL AeroSlim Handheld Vacuum.
Shark: Shark has brought a range of cordless vacuum cleaners from heavy-job upright to lightweight stick. You will get several handy Handheld Cordless Vacuum in this brand. Shark gives you their high-efficient handhelds at affordable prices. Shark CH951 UltraCyclone Pet Pro Plus Handheld Vacuum, Shark WV201 WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum, Shark CH901 UltraCyclone Pro Handheld Vacuum etc. each of them you will get by more or less $100.00.
Hoover: Look at their touchy model names! Hoover BH50020PC Linx Signature Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Hoover ONEPWR Blade MAX High-Performance Stick Vacuum, Hoover Cruise Cordless Stick and Hand Held Vacuum Cleaner etc. The model names say convenience is their priority. The weight of Linx Signature Stick starts from 2 lbs only. Can you imagine? If you think of BUDGET, Hoover would be your best option.
Eureka: Eureka is another popular brand name in the vacuum cleaner world. They have introduced cordless vacuums with Super Suction abilities. 18 Kpa, 21Kpa, 23 Kpa Super Suction models of Eureka have been satisfying the customers’ enhanced demands.
How to order a cordless vacuum cleaner?
All the listed vacuum cleaners in this site are from Amazon, the Washington based e-commerce site. You can check and order your products anytime and from anywhere in this world. What you need is just an electronic device like a computer or smart mobile with an internet connection. You don’t have to travel anywhere, you can order your cordless vacuum cleaner seating in your home. Before placing an order, please check the product features for your suitable items. You can get help from our Buying Guide to select the cordless vacuum which is best suited for you.
If you are already registered with Amazon, just login and complete your purchase. If you are not registered, you need to create an account first to process your checkout. It is not difficult. What you need to do is imputing some of your basic information such as your name, email and password on a visual form. Once you are registered you can proceed with the checkout.
Placing purchase order
You can directly go for checkout after selecting your vacuum or add the item to the cart. After finishing your selection you can proceed with checkout. Please double check your selection, Model Number and ASIN Number before the checkout process. Then it will ask for your shipping address from where the vacuum cleaner is received. Further processing will appear to you the total amount you have to pay. Choose the payment option from the list available on the page. Click on continue to complete the payment. Your order will be completed with the success of payment, now you wait for your cordless vacuum cleaner. It may take several days to reach your shipping address.