BLACK+DECKER HCUA525JA Anti-Allergen Cordless VacuumAbout $170.00
Overall Customer Rating4.1/5
- Holds 3X More dirt and dust
- Up to 60 minutes of Runtime
- The flexible hose and extension cover maximum spots
- Easy and Mess-free Ejection
- The battery is internal, hence, some feel the battery charging is inconvenient
If the allergy is a problem for you or your family, you can consider the BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES PRO Anti-Allergen as the best cordless vacuum for you. Thumb touch control of the machine and three power setting modes make your vacuum job easy and joyous. LED light, high airflow, fantastic performance both on carpets and hard floors, incredibly long run time and many more you will get from this vacuum.
The POWERSERIES PRO has come in three different versions; Powerseries Pro 2-in-1, Powerseries Pro Pet, and Powerseries Pro Anti-allergen. The main difference between the Anti-allergen version and the other two models is, the Anti-allergen version has a leak-proof HEPA filter while the others do not have. You can find a summarized comparison among the three versions below.
This article presents the detailed review of the BLACK+DECKER Anti-Allergen Vacuum. Feel free to visit some other fantastic Anti-allergen vacuums Dyson V11 Torque Drive and Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal models. You will get a list of the Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners here.
Key Features of BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES PRO Anti-Allergen!
Powerful Suction and Airflow
The BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES PRO Anti-Allergen vacuum creates about 50 AW suction and up to 27 CFM of airflow at medium power settings which are enough to clean your home. The airflow will increase or decrease with the high or low power settings of the vacuum.
Control of Power Settings
You can control the three power settings low, medium and high by thumb touch. You have the option for brush roll off for hard floor cleaning. The brush roll is easily removable for cleaning purposes.
3X More Dust of BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES PRO Anti-Allergen
Sliding down the trash compactor lever enables the bin to hold 3X more dust and debris. So, you can do your cleaning job for a tension-free long time. The bin is designed with hygienic empty without scattering dust.
Long Battery Run-time
The POWERSERIES PRO is powered by a Lithium-Ion battery that can run the machine for up to 60 minutes in low power mode. The run times for Med and High Power modes are up to 32 minutes and 17 min which are really better compared to many other brands of a similar price range.
Anti-Allergen Filter Kit
An Anti-Allergen Vacuum Filter Kit (CUABF10 ) is attached to the high-performance HEPA filtration system that traps 99.99% dust, dander and allergens and releases ultra-clean air in your home. The filter is washable and reusable.
The vacuum head is excellently designed to pick up the dirt of a range of sizes from large granules to fine dust. A large gate on the nozzle head is useful to pick up the larger debris. Keep the brush roller off while using it on the hard floor to avoid the chance of scrapping on your floor.
Sealing Line at the Bottom of the Cleaner Head
The Anti-Allergen POWERSERIES PRO has a sealing line at the bottom of the cleaner head. The sealing blocks the blockages to enter into the appliance and avoid shutting off the brush.
Good Swivel Steering
The low profile vacuum head and good swivel steering provide easy maneuverability of the BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES PRO Anti-Allergen vacuum.
Versatile 2-in-1 Use
Use your vacuum both at Stick and Handheld modes. Just pick the canister and use it as a handheld version. The flexible hose is convenient for the maximal uses of your handheld.
3-in-1 Accessory Tool
6-inch nozzle, crevice tool, and upholstery brush clean the edge of furniture, tight corners, delicate surfaces and more. Moreover, a 4-foot long extension wand reaches you the high up places.
The specially designed sensor of BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES PRO Anti-Allergen automatically changes the suction based on floor types. It will also alert you about the residual battery power and the need for the filter to clean.
Safe Operation and Maintenance of BLACK+DECKER Anti-Allergen Vacuum!
A. Safe Handling
- Follow the Instruction Manual for assembling, disassembling or any other maintenance of the machine.
- Use the BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES PRO Anti-Allergen vacuum only to clean the dry surfaces. Do not use it on the wet surface and earthen surface.
- Do not run the vacuum with wet hands.
- Avoid using the vacuum to pick up sharp objects like glass pieces and blades. Also, picking up flammable materials like gasoline or other petroleum is strictly restricted.
- Do not use the vacuum to pick up burning objects like cigarettes, smoky ash and coil.
B. Safe Charging of the Device
- Keeping the charging base in water or other liquids is strictly prohibited.
- Do not pull or twist the cord to unplug the charger. Grasp the hard part of the charging part to handle the charger. Must avoid crossing the charging cable over a hot surface or a sharp edge.
- Avoid the damaged power outlet to charge the battery. Strictly avoid to use the damaged or leaked battery in the vacuum cleaner. It may result in the unpredicted behavior of the machine and may cause personal injury.
C. Safe Maintenance of BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES PRO Anti-Allergen
- Do not repair the BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES PRO vacuum by unauthorized service centers. It will void your warranty.
- Must not run the machine without filters and dust cup are in places.
- Strictly avoid using other vacuums’ parts and accessories like battery, charger and filter.
- If the battery liquid comes in contact with your skin, wash with soap and water. You can neutralize the liquid by scrubbing with a mild acid such as lemon juice and vinegar. If the liquid contacts your eyes, flush the eyes at least for 10 minutes with clean water and seek medical attention.
Comparison Among the BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES PROs
|Powerseries PRO 2-in-1 (HCUA525J)||Powerseries PRO Pet (HCUA525JP)||Powerseries PRO Anti-Allergen (HCUA525JA)|
|Runtime||Up to 60 minutes||Up to 60 minutes||Up to 60 minutes|
|Brush Bar||Multi Surface (CUABBM)||Anti-tangle Bristles (CUABBP)||Multi Surface (CUABBM)|
|Accessories||3in1 Accessory Tool, Wand, and Hose||3in1 Accessory Tool, Wand, Hose, 9" Pet Crevice Tool, and 5" Pet Brush||3in1 Accessory Tool, Wand, Hose, and Long Brush Nozzle/Brush|
|Replacement Filter||Standard Filter (CUABF10)||Standard Filter (CUABF10)||High Efficiency filtration to capture allergens (CUAHF10)|
|Replacement Scented Tablet||Yes (CUASF10)||Yes (CUASF10)||Yes (CUASF10)|
Free Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why does Black+Decker Powerseries Pro (HCUA525JA) an Anti-Allergen Cordless Vacuum?
The Black+Decker engineers have fitted the CUABF10 Filter Kit in the filtering system of HCUA525JA model Cordless Vacuum Cleaner. The filtration system is guided by an Auto-Sensor and effectively optimizes the suction power of the machine. As a result, 99.99% of the dust, filth and pet dander which are important causing agents of allergy are arrested.
What Are Allergies?
Allergies are the immune reactions against some harmless substances, called allergens. The allergens are different for different people. Apart from the food allergens, the common allergens in our environment are dust mite, pollen, pet dander, etc. When an allergic person’s body finds allergens, the immune system releases chemicals that react against the allergens and causes some symptoms like swelling, itching, sneezing, runny nose etc. The severe cases may lead to hay fever, eczema even may turn to life-risk.
How important is an Anti-allergen vacuum cleaner?
Does vacuuming help with allergies?
Vacuuming is an effective way to reduce the allergen sources from your house. However, if your vacuum fails to retain the captured allergens into the bin, the allergen will spew and spark your allergy problem. Therefore, make sure that your vacuum filtration system is well enough to trap all the allergens that it picks up.
The modern HEPA filtration system is highly effective against allergens. So, select your cordless vacuum cleaner ensuring True HEPA or Absolute HEPA. Do not be deceived by some vague terms like HEPA like or HEPA type etc.
|Product Name||POWERSERIES™ PRO Cordless 2in1 Anti-Allergen Vacuum|
|Vacuum Type||Stick vacuum
|Product Size||33.67x11.8x8.9 in|
|Vacuum Width||11.00 in|
|Initial Charging Time||5 hours|
|Maximum Worktime||60 minutes Low power mode
32 minutes Med power mode
17 minutes High power mode
|Bin Capacity||1 L
3x more on compaction
|Suitable floors||Carpet, Hard Floors, Upholstery|
|Filter Type||HEPA filtration system
CUAHF10 anti-allergen filter
|Pet Hair Removal||Yes|
|Additional attachments||3in1 accessory tool, CUAHF10 anti-allergen filter, Long brush, Nozzle/brush, Jack plug charger|
|Suction modes||Low, Med, High|
|Suction power||Up to 50 AW|
|Warranty||2-Year Limited Warranty|